The CACL occupies 5,000-square feet and comprised of the Nutrition Evaluation Laboratory (NEL) and Mass Spectrometry Laboratory (MSL). Licensed by the federal government (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Certificate of Compliance from the CDC) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, (Div. Health Care Quality, Dept. Public Health), the NEL’s Clinical Core Unit provides results for hematology, blood chemistry, and urinalysis procedures. The NEL’s Specialized Chemistry Unit and the MSL provide tailored analytical services for measurement of water-soluble vitamins, fat-soluble vitamins, lipids, fatty acids, nucleic acids, proteins, amino acids, retinoids, carotenoids, antioxidants, carbohydrates, hormones, enzymes, cytokines, hematological parameters, and macro and micro mineral, peptides, lipidomics, metabolomics and proteomics from human body tissues, animal tissues and food. The NEL’s Specimen Processing Unit receives, processes, stores, and tracks biochemical specimens. The NEL’s Information Management System provides infinite storage and archiving of specimen identification numbers and includes online quality control checking, workload reporting, and direct transfer of test results from instruments to research data base. We also provide expert assistance with protocol and analytical development.
Deliver innovation, excellence and quality clinical and analytical services to our research community and customers for the measure of biochemical markers.
• Commitment to honesty, openness, responsibility and accountability
• Carry out analytical testing and research experiments according to professional standards of objectivity, conscientiousness, reliability and transparency
Strive for Excellence
• Quality, accuracy and precision of data
• Maintain a rigorous quality assurance and compliance program ensuring the highest level of proficiency testing
• Strive for diversity in technical application, improve operations and keep abreast on state of the art technology
• Be a resource for solving technical problems and educator of advance technical and analytical applications
Lasting Successful Results
• Staff commitment to great science and outstanding service
• Work directly with customers to build relationships of mutual trust and respect